One of the special charms of the Odyssey, according to Charles Segal, is the way it transports readers to fascinating places. Yet despite the appeal of its narrative, the Odyssey is fully understood only when its style, design, and mythical patterns are taken into account as well. Bringing a new richness to interpretation of this epic, Segal looks closely at key forms of social and personal organi...
Series: Myth and Poetics
Paperback: 264 pages
Publisher: Cornell University Press; 1 edition (March 1, 2001)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 1626323
Format: PDF ePub djvu book
reviews: This is one of the finest books on the Odyssey, full of insight, based primarily on a quasi-Jungian assessment of the myth structure of Odysseus' journey. It could have been one of those vague, hand-waving books, but isn't: instead it deals with spec...
- Singers, Heroes, and Gods in the "Odyssey" (Myth and Poetics) pdf
- Download Singers, Heroes, and Gods in the "Odyssey" (Myth and Poetics) pdf
- Singers, Heroes, and Gods in the "Odyssey" (Myth and Poetics) text
- 0801487269 epub
- Download Charles Segal epub
- Download Charles Segal books
- Download Literature and Fiction pdf books
The Best of Beautiful Germany for Tourists is a practical guide that gives you a taste of Germany be...